Getblock, its direct and indirect subsidiaries and affiliates and any entities under common control with Getblock (collectively, “Getblock”, “we”, “us” and “our”) take data protection and security seriously.
Data we collect
Information that is Collected Automatically When you use the Getblock Site or our Services, we automatically collect information from your devices. We collect the following information:
Server Log Information: We collect server log information when you use the Getblock Site, which may include (but is not limited to) your login details, the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, your IP address, time spent at the Getblock Site and the websites you visit just before and just after our Website.
Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access the Getblock Site, including the hardware model, geo location/tracking details, browser fingerprint, operating system and version, the web browser and version you use, and other device identifiers.
Telemetry Information. If you use any of our software, we may collect bandwidth download and upload speeds, the amount of free and used storage space on your device and other statistics about your device.
Usage Information. If you use the Getblock Site, we will collect metadata about the files you upload for storage and information about the transactions you make on the Getblock Site or with our Services, such as the name of recipients, your name, digital asset amounts, click-stream data, instances in which you have used your private key to authenticate communications and/or the timestamp of transactions.
Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We and our service providers use various technologies to collect information when you interact with the Getblock Site, including cookies, web beacons and other unique device identifiers. Cookies are small data files that are stored on your device when you visit a website, which enable us to collect information about your device, IP address, web browsers used to access the Getblock Site, pages or features viewed, time spent on pages, mobile app performance and links clicked. Web beacons are graphic images that are placed on a website or in an email that is used to monitor the behaviour of the user visiting the website or sending the email. They are often used in combination with cookies.
How your personal Information is used
The primary purpose for collecting your Information is to provide you with the best possible user experience and Services and to safeguard the security and stability of our systems. In general, we use Information to create, develop, operate, deliver, and improve our Services, content and marketing, to comply with our legal obligations, for anti-fraud purposes and for loss prevention.
We may use your Information in the following ways:
- To provide, maintain, deliver or improve the Getblock Site or our Services;
For quality control and staff training to ensure we can provide you with the best user experience and accurate information;
To monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with the Getblock Site, to determine the usefulness or popularity of certain content and to better understand the online activity of users of the Getblock Site;
To fulfil our legal or regulatory requirements; to enforce the terms and conditions of our User Agreement and other agreements we may have with you or third parties;
To ensure network and information security including processing your Information in order to enhance security, monitor and verify identity or service access, combat spam or other malware or security risks and to comply with applicable security laws and regulations;
To provide you with the information or products or services that you have requested;
To provide you with customer service including, without limitation, answering your inquiry or responding to a communication from you;
For research and development purposes including developing new products or services; to send you technical notices, support or administrative notifications;
To facilitate marketing and to communicate with you about news, products, services, events and other information we think will be of interest to you;
To detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions or unauthorized or illegal activities; to protect our interests, rights and property and that of others; to facilitate corporate acquisitions, mergers, or transactions;
To link, connect or combine Information we collect from or about you with other Information;
And to carry out any other purpose or reason for which the Information was collected.
Sharing of information
- With your consent or at your instruction;
- In connection with offers, products or Services provided on the Getblock Site;
- With our current or future parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries and with other companies under common control or ownership with us or our offices internationally;
- With third parties or service providers that we have partnered with or perform work for us;
- Certain information you may choose to share may be displayed publicly, such as your username and any content you post when you use interactive areas of the Getblock Site or our social media platforms like our online forums;
- In connection with a merger or sale of our assets, or if we do a financing or are involved in an acquisition or any other situation where Information may be disclosed or transferred as one of our business assets;
- In order to prevent fraud or other illegal or unauthorized activities;
- If we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process;
- With law enforcement officials, courts, or other third parties when we are compelled to do so by a subpoena, court order, or similar legal procedure, or when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of Information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity or to investigate violations of our User Agreement or any other applicable policies;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our User Agreement, our other agreements or policies, or to protect our legitimate interests, rights, property and safety or that of others; and with third parties where aggregate Information is disclosed which cannot be reasonably be used to identify you. The data sharing may include transfers to companies or organizations in countries without an adequate standard of data protection. In these cases, we transfer personal data in accordance with applicable provisions on the international transfer of personal data, such as, where applicable, the respective provisions of the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
Social sharing features
The Getblock Site may offer social sharing features, links to social media and other integrated tools. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your contacts or the public, depending on the settings you use with the entity that provides the social sharing feature or social media. Please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features to obtain more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and the processing of such data by such entities.
Hyperlinks and third-party sites
Protection of personal Information
Rights you have with respect to your personal information
You have certain individual rights regarding the personal information that we collect and process about you through the Getblock Site. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies as a default. You may wish to opt out by turning off cookies (please refer to the help menu on your browser); however, switching off cookies may restrict your use of the Getblock Site.
You may also opt out of receiving promotional communications from us at any time by following the instructions in those communications. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as technical notices, support or administrative notifications or information about your account (if you have one).
You have the right to access or receive certain data about the personal information we process about you. You also have a right to have your personal information rectified, to object to the processing of your personal information, or to ask us to restrict processing or delete your personal information.
If the GDPR applies and we process your personal information to perform a contract with you or based on your consent, you also have the right to receive a copy of your personal information for the purpose of transferring such information to a third party.
Please note, however, that your rights are subject to exceptions or derogations. Specifically, we may need to further process and retain your Information to perform a contract with you or your company or organization, to protect our legitimate interests (such as the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims) or to comply with legal requirements. To the extent permitted by law, namely to protect the rights and freedoms of others or to protect our own legitimate interests, we may therefore refuse to satisfy your request or we may satisfy your request only restrictely. Lastly, you have a right to lodge a complaint with a competent supervisory authority.
Children’s personal information
We do not knowingly collect personal information from any person under the age of 18. If a user submitting personal information is suspected of being younger than 18 years of age, we will require the user to close his or her account and will not allow the user to continue to use our Services. We will also take steps to delete the Information as soon as possible. Please notify us if you or anyone you know is under the age of 18 and are using our Services so we can take action to prevent access to our Services.