Back to Shared Nodes
Symbol Price Chart
Why Symbol is so special?
- 1. Aggregated transactions. It might be useful for any advanced logic, for example, trustless swaps. They could be processed by multiple signers: transactions are executed at the same time when all participants have cosigned.
- 2. Mosaics. It is a set of multiple identical things organized as a fixed asset. Mosaic could be a collection of assets such as bonus points, statuses, signatures, status flags, votes, and so on.
- 3. Transfers. Messaging between two Symbol accounts.
How transactions of Symbol are signed and validated?
- 1. Get the bytes of the transaction except for the size, signature, and signer (so-called “signing bytes”);
- Get generation hash.
- 2. Add signing bytes to generation hash.
- 3. Add the nemesis block generation hash to the previous data.
- 4. Sign this string with the private key; the transaction signature will be received.
- 5. Add public key and the signature to get the payload
- 6. Get the transaction’s amount.
How do the Symbol nodes work?
What is the harvesting concept in the Symbol ecosystem?
- 1. Local harvesting: to complete it, you need to fill in the appropriate section in the node configuration file. This method is unsafe due to the peculiarities of using the secret key which is stored in the harvester Signing Private Key, and therefore it can be compromised and used to steal funds.
- 2. Remote harvesting: the host is used as a proxy. This method is safe and recommended as there are no funds on remote recording.
- 3. Delegated harvesting: account can request a node to harvest for them